Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Pirates! ARRRRR

We have been reading Adventure According to Humphrey by Betty Birney. We love all these books because we love little furry creatures. We have a classroom pet guinea pig named Pee Wee. Sometimes he talks to us just like Humphrey does in these books.
peewee copyIn this book Humphrey is longing for some adventure. The kids are building ships and reading a story about Pirates, called Jolly Roger's Guide to Life by I.C. Waters. We are following @piratejokes on twitter too. This has been a fun way to learn the "ar" chunk for spelling.

We also love this Pirate video.... ARRRRR

4 comments:

  1. What a super cute class pet! What do you do with him during breaks and over the summer? I'm trying to decide if I want a class pet when I get my classroom.

    I'm stopping by from Tag, You're It on Teaching Blog Addict. Happy Teacher Appreciation Day, by the way. I started a blog hop to celebrate this day. If you are interested, check it out at: http://karenshealthylifestyle.blogspot.com/2011/05/teacher-appreciation-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, I actually let the kids take him home with them on the weekends and on the holidays. They love it and so far no problems. The parents have to come pick him up and bring him back so I can explain how to care for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really cool idea. It sounds like a lot of work, but it seems worth it. Thanks for getting back to me!

    ReplyDelete